Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error message vcredist-x86.exe when trying to install the 2019 software. What does this mean?

Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Magoo
Level 1

How do I install the 2019 Tax Program.  I followed the instructions as best as I could but was not able to install the program.  Please advise

0 Cheers
Magoo
Level 1

I have been a customer since 2014

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You can install it the same way that you have the last few years. Either log into your ProSeries account and download it from there or open your 2018 program and click the help tab and then click download next year’s program.

Slava Ukraini!
Bob F
Level 3

Hi, I have the same message for 2020, along with error code 920840.  How did you resolve this for 2019?

0 Cheers
sproutify
Level 1

If you haven't found the solution yet, it is to install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++. Click the following link, then scroll to the part that says "x86:"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

0 Cheers