Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am filing a NC return for a CA resident who has rental income in NC. Does she get the NC standard deduction? How do I override all of the other CA income on NC D400?

Level 2
Labels (1)
2 Replies 2
Level 15
Level 15
are you filling out the non-resident state allocation section at the bottom of the federal information worksheet?

Its possible that NC still uses ALL income, then computes the tax as a ratio % for NC....if you prepare the NC return before CA, it should transfer any credit for taxes paid to another state (NC) over to the CA tax return.


Thank you so much. I did everything you said to do and it all worked! Yay. I really appreciate your help.