Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have clients with delayed refunds due to random reviews?

lsauvey
Level 2

Client received a CP05 notice dated 3/25/19 saying it would be completed in 60 days but its past that deadline and she has received no other notices from IRS.  When I called they said they are backed up but would put in an inquiry to hopefully speed up the process.  That was last week.  Seems so unfair they would hold onto tax returns for no apparent reason.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have not had any (yet!), but I see over in the TurboTax message boards it seems to happen often to DIY returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have not had any (yet!), but I see over in the TurboTax message boards it seems to happen often to DIY returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

There are also some reports from the PTO FB group that refunds are being delayed because the IRS needed additional time to verify taxpayer identity.  Not sure what triggered those or whether it was just totally random though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Random meaningless answer.

EDIT:  Now the OP edited the original question.  Here is the screenshot of the original question.

0 Cheers
lsauvey
Level 2
I accidently sent it before it was finished.  Sorry, senior moment.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
It happens to all of us sometimes :smile::smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers