Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidently changed the screen zoom on Homebase how do I get it back to a reasonable font!

Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

hold ctrl spin mouse wheel

Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2

I tried that and its just scrolling now not changing view.  I also closed the program and got back in...no change

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Sorry misspelled hold in my response.

Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2

I caught that...no problem.  That is actually what got me into this problem.  Have been trying to figure this out for 1.5 hours now.  can't get it to work

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kim-Neely--EA , please try clicking on a row in HomeBase before holding ctrl and scrolling.

If all else fails, shutdown ProSeries, and delete the "OtherAttributes.xml" file in your HomeBase folder, ie C:\ProWin20\HomeBase. Start ProSeries back up and the zoom should be reset.

Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2

Thanks   I finally got it to work but this needs to be changed.  A lot of folks are having a problem with this feature.  Needs to be an intentional feature

Matt C
Employee
Employee

Were you able to get the ctrl + scrolling to work, or did you have to delete the xml file?

0 Cheers
greg
Level 3

Thanks.  Fixed problem we were having too.

jacqueyd
Level 1

I had the same problem and thankfully found this exchange.  I found NOTHING in Proseries help on the program. This was horribly annoying.  I had to delete the Attributes file.  Whoever heard of scrolling changes to require the deletion of a file?

CL44
Level 1

How did you fix it?

0 Cheers
CL44
Level 1

how did you delete the attributes file

0 Cheers
CL44
Level 1

how did you get it to work?  My font is so small I can't read it

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

hold the ctrl key and spin the mouse wheel

CL44
Level 1

BEST ANSWER  IT WORKED!

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @CL44 , we released an update to help with this issue. In ProSeries, under HomeBase, can you try using the new menu item, Reset Zoom?

zoom.png

Alternatively, you should also be able to click on HomeBase, then hold down CTRL and scroll (up to make the font larger).

Matt C
Employee
Employee

As of 2/9/22, you should be able to use the Reset Zoom menu item under HomeBase:

zoom.png

Alternatively (or if you're using older years of ProSeries), you can

1. click somewhere on the HomeBase grid

2. hold down CTRL and scroll your mousewheel

0 Cheers