Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find PA BIRT? Client owns rental property in Philly. Cannot get ProSeries to activate the form. Thank you.

cintineocpa
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Pro Series has Philadelphia returns, BIRT and NPT, only in the 1040 program. They refuse to copy their programming onto the 1120, 1120S and 1065 programs.

If you want to use them, you must create a dummy 1040.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Pro Series has Philadelphia returns, BIRT and NPT, only in the 1040 program. They refuse to copy their programming onto the 1120, 1120S and 1065 programs.

If you want to use them, you must create a dummy 1040.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
cintineocpa
Level 2
Thank you. I am filing an 1120S. Part VI only shows PA as an option. Nothing for Philadelphia as a city return. I have downloaded all updates. Any other ideas? Thank you.
0 Cheers
cintineocpa
Level 2
Sorry. Return is actually a 1065 Partnership return.
0 Cheers
altarz
Level 1

all of us who have to prepare Phila BIRT and NPT returns are poor country cousins when it comes to our relationship with Intuit.   They don't care about us and LIE about filing the returns electronically.   They will tell you that the forms aren't ready.   The forms are ready to file with Phila.   The forms are NOT READY BY INTUIT.   So right now the release date says 2/17/22 but that date will become 2/28 and then 3/10/22.   I know they do this because last year I asked another CPA friend of mine how he was dealing with not being able to file electronically the Phila returns.   His response, "We have been filing them electronically for weeks!"   That was in February of last year.

first, they won't attach the forms to the 1120, 1120S or the 1065.   the ONLY way to get access is to open a bogus 1040 and open the PA40 to get access to the forms.   you can't efile them this way either as you have to efile the PA40 to be able to efile the Phila returns.   (Unless someone has found a workaround that I don't know about).   so you have to print and mail them or you can go on line (but you have to set up user name and password for each client) and submit electronically.   i mail them.   HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL BUT INTUIT DOESN'T GIVE A **bleep**.   I was going to start using another software but there were errors on almost every file transfer.    We are stuck and they know it..............................

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Re: e-filing Philadelphia without e-filing PA 40:

You have to click efile for PA40, but you don't have to actually efile PA40.

0 Cheers