Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSA override and wont e-file

George1948
Level 2

I have to override the HSA for line 15 and it wont accept it for e-file.  Can anyone help me??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You shouldnt need to override unless theres a programming problem...otherwise youve made an entry mistake somewhere that needs to be corrected.

Are you referring to Line 15 of the 8889?   That's medical expenses that flow through from the 1099-SA form...did you enter the 1099SA?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why are you overriding?  The amount should flow from the 1099SA worksheet automatically after you check the box that the money was used for medical purposes.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You shouldnt need to override unless theres a programming problem...otherwise youve made an entry mistake somewhere that needs to be corrected.

Are you referring to Line 15 of the 8889?   That's medical expenses that flow through from the 1099-SA form...did you enter the 1099SA?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George1948
Level 2

thank you very much yes i didn't mark the 1099sa  box and so I fixed it and it was accepted.