Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer returns from ProSeries to Turbo tax

Highlighted
Level 1

Is it possible?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
13 Replies 13
Highlighted
Level 15
I don’t think it can be done but even if you could why would you want to do that?
ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

For professional reasons, I cannot use Pro Series due to COIB and wants to know if it can be transferred to Turbo tax since I have to use it this time.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@Sankem wrote:

For professional reasons, I cannot use Pro Series due to COIB and wants to know if it can be transferred to Turbo tax since I have to use it this time.

But the T&C of Turbo Tax does not permit its use by paid professionals to prepare return for clients.  Just how do you intend to use TT in place of PS?  That's one of the reason why you can convert TT to PS but not the other way around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 11

https://rules.cityofnewyork.us/tags/coib

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I now work for the Tax Department that is why I am asking the question.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11

So you probably cannot prepare ANY tax returns for a fee?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

This is part of the product comparison:  "Imports last year's data from TurboTax and other tax software"

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8

"Imports last year's data from TurboTax and other tax software"

That is the opposite of your original question.   You can transfer Turbo Tax to Pro Series but you cannot transfer Pro Series to Turbo Tax.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You CAN transfer TT files into PS.

You CANNOT transfer PS files over to TT.

Which direction are you trying to go?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I want to go back to TT- they make the product why isn't it reversible?  this is so not kool!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Because Turbo Tax is not a professional tax software.
ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Professional preparers are not allowed to use Turbotax for client returns.   There would be no reason for you to convert a client file to TT.  An a paid preparer only needs to provide a written copy of a return to a client, so a client wouldnt have a copy of the tax file to convert to DIY software either.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I dont know what COIB is, but Im afraid youre stuck entering any prior information into Turbotax  by hand, like any other DIYer would have too do with TT.

0 Cheers