Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Split 1099Misc between two Schedule E properties

mgordonntx
Level 2

My client received a 1099-Misc for rental property, but the total amount is for two separate properties. How can I split on Schedule E (currently have linked to one property, and don't see any adjustment line available). Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mgordonntx
Level 2

Sounds perfectly reasonable - Thanks for the quick reply!

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Put part on one schedule E worksheet, and the rest on another Schedule E worksheet.

I never enter individual 1099-Misc or 1099-NEC for  Schedule E, or C or F, unless they don't have an ongoing activity. I just go to the C,E,F worksheet or whatever and enter the real income. I do make sure the total income equals or exceeds the total 1099 amounts.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Expanding on Jeff's comments, the 1099 doesn't get submitted with the e-file so there really isn't any reason to data enter a 1099.  That also applies to schedule C info.  Just enter it directly in the worksheet - it saves a little time and hassle.

Slava Ukraini!
mgordonntx
Level 2

Sounds perfectly reasonable - Thanks for the quick reply!

mgordonntx
Level 2

Perfect! Thanks!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010  - I like your signature line 😉

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

@jeffmcpa2010  - I like your signature line 😉

Have you cloned yourself again?  Two Jeff's, two identical signatures ...  🤣

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Those guys and gals are putting up a better fight than anyone thought, and can use all our prayers.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Two Jeff's, two identical signatures"

Just two Jeff's choosing to be on the right side of history.  What is going over there sucks, so just doing a small part to show support to folks that really need it. 

Slava Ukraini!