Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retire an asset in Proseries

linduca1216
Level 7

How can I mark an asset as retired versus sold?   Any option other than deleting it?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can put a disposal date with no sales price, that stops depreciation as of that date and it wont show up on the Dep schedule next year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can put a disposal date with no sales price, that stops depreciation as of that date and it wont show up on the Dep schedule next year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
linduca1216
Level 7

Thanks!   I thought it might still show up on 4797, but it does not.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond!

ljr
Level 8

just a thought - for QBI you wouldn't want to delete the retired or fully depreciated asset as it still works into the calculation doesn't it. Sorry not enough coffee yet this morning.

dkh
Level 15

I would want it on the depreciation schedule so when client sells the asset 5 years from now ..........

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

and in a related matter.. "How can ProSeries help make a tax preparer want to retire'

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dkh
Level 15

I wish there was a "tax practitioner retirement package" available.  It would include a letter to send to clients, prepaid service for moving company that will box all files for storage, and an all expenses paid travel package to destination of my choice.