Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report software problems.????

IRACPA4U
Level 3

The state tax return is not printing whenever the "box" is checked.  Must go back and print state return with the federal box unchecked on the preparer copy.... 

Other issue:  in transferring file from PY,  system automatically checks box "sales tax" (5b) in determination of py state refund taxable when in fact, the state tax withheld was used in the SALT deduction on py schedule A.  Box 5a should be checked ... but system automatically selects incorrect box 5b instead which makes the taxability incorrect............

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The first one could be part of a current issue.  The second one was found back in November.  If you transferred files in 2018, the problem will continue to haunt you.  You need to transfer files again to fix it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

The first one could be part of a current issue.  The second one was found back in November.  If you transferred files in 2018, the problem will continue to haunt you.  You need to transfer files again to fix it.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRACPA4U
Level 3
Yes, I have just been correcting it as I go.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"in transferring file from PY,  system automatically checks box "sales tax" (5b) in determination of py state refund taxable when in fact, the state tax withheld was used in the SALT deduction on py schedule A.  Box 5a should be checked ... but system automatically selects incorrect box 5b instead which makes the taxability incorrect.........…"

This was an issue back in the very beginning of the season, it was fixed in mid January.....any files transferred into 2018 prior to the fix didn't get fixed, they needed to be deleted and re-transferred for them to reflect the correct state refund information.

Not sure I understand the first part of your post......it shows the state return box is checked to print, but it doesn't?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRACPA4U
Level 3
I have just been correcting the first one............ and yes, box is checked and state will not print on the preparer copy.  just started that a couple days ago............... if i uncheck the print federal box, state will print on then................ again on the preparer copy.............
0 Cheers