Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare a simple income tax return

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
12 Replies 12
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Same way you prepare a complex return, just with less information.

If youre trying to file a return for someone with only SS income, you dont need to, IRS will issue economic relief money to them automatically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

Is there any way you can add "simple return" to the filter so these posts are bleeped?

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

Just one of MANY that come up when you search, you should try it sometime:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/coronavirus/discussion/simple-tax-return/01/73959#M84

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

These webinars should be your first port of call.  Try the one called "Preparing a Simple 1040 in ProSeries Professional".

https://proconnect.intuit.com/training/proseries/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

gasp... maybe the question isn't related to the stimulus checks???  mea culpa

Highlighted
Level 15

Who knows? 😆

But you're right.  It's not just these "simple return" questions.  Can't even count the number of questions that are flooding this place about stimulus payment, direct deposit, etc., etc., etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

whack a mole

Highlighted
Level 15

Yep, they keep pop'in up from nowhere.  Couldn't get them all.  Apparently, I still can't. 🤣

Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

"How to prepare a simple income tax return"

Very carefully. 😮

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 7

@IRonMaN  I  think that used to be a punchline on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In in the 70's--Arte Johnson delivered the line the best in his German helmet!

Highlighted
Level 15

Verrrrry interesting. 

Sorry, but Intuit doesn't supply German helmets so I did the best I could.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 7

You ARE right, my bad.  When they swabbed me last night, must have poked out  part of my memory!