Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to input miscellaneous Schedule D transactions (sale of secondary residence, collectibles, land etc)

dgordon
Level 2

ProSeries offers 3 Schedule D worksheets (1099-B, nonbusiness bad debt, home sale worksheet).  How do you input Schedule D transaction that do not fit these worksheet criteria?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You just use the 1099B worksheet, if you scroll down past the brokerage information area, you find an entry screen similar to the old Sch D.

(they need to change the name of the worksheet to Capital Transactions Worksheet, not 1099B Worksheet)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
LRENEGAR
Level 1

Have you gotten an answer on the question regarding capital gain assets. I need to report sale of investment properties and not sure where to input on the new capital gain worksheet.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You just use the 1099B worksheet, if you scroll down past the brokerage information area, you find an entry screen similar to the old Sch D.

(they need to change the name of the worksheet to Capital Transactions Worksheet, not 1099B Worksheet)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dgordon
Level 2

Yes.  Use the 1099-B worksheet and scroll down past the brokerage information.  You will find an input entry sheet.  The suggestion was made to change the name of the 1099-B worksheet to Capital Transaction worksheet.

dgordon
Level 2

Thank you.

0 Cheers
cantontaxgroup
Level 3

I can't believe it, but I am still having trouble. I can't figure out where to scroll.

"scroll down past the brokerage information area"

0 Cheers
kmsmith1
Level 2

Me too, I've scrolled down and don't see anywhere that looks like the appropriate place to enter this information.  This is SO frustrating!!!

0 Cheers