Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import crypto currency transactions

Pianoman211
Level 3

How are crypto currency transactions entered into Pro-Series

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

My client gave me a 1099B with Crypto transactions. If that's what you have, it goes on the Schedule D, 1099B worksheet.

0 Cheers
Pianoman211
Level 3

If I had a 1099-B I'd be in heaven.  I got a .csv spreadsheet with raw data and the client expects me to sort it all out with buys, sells, and conversions among 27 different virtual currencies.  I thought Intuit had a crypto accounting software package that would integrate with Pro Series to allow the import of the raw data.  This is a little above and beyond my area of expertise.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I would be giving that mess back to the client and telling them I am not the Bookkeeper, I'm the taxpreparer and I need summarized statements, like the 1099B.

0 Cheers
Pianoman211
Level 3

That's exactly what I did:)

0 Cheers
BeProaccounting
Level 1

I'm a crypto tax expert.  There is a lot work involved in crypto tax calculations. So if that is not your expertise, recommend the client to find a crypto tax accountant and ask her to send you the finalized 8949 Form.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Joestar451 

I can't figure out if these are robots or just Scammers. I will flag this user's reply for deletion. Please do not click on the link.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.