Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I change the computer name ProSeries uses?

edward4242
Level 2

How to I change the computer name ProSeries uses? All of our workstation were copied from a standard image with ProSeries preinstalled on it.  When a file is locked, regardless of the computer, it says it is locked by the original computer's name, not the updated computer name of the copy.  How can I update the computer name in ProSeries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Drew340
Level 3

The computer name is stored in the ProWinXX.ini file under the [Networking] section. You need to change the WorkStationName key and you may need to change the WorkStationID key.

For ProSeries 2019, the ProWin19,ini file is stored on each workstation here, by default, C:\ProWin19\32bit.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Drew340
Level 3

The computer name is stored in the ProWinXX.ini file under the [Networking] section. You need to change the WorkStationName key and you may need to change the WorkStationID key.

For ProSeries 2019, the ProWin19,ini file is stored on each workstation here, by default, C:\ProWin19\32bit.

edward4242
Level 2

Thanks!  That was it.  I had checked it there, but apparently on a computer that had it reinstalled and had the correct name.

0 Cheers