Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file for multiple states

Highlighted
Level 3

I have married clients whose residence is AZ, the wife went to HI in October to help a sick relative and worked there for 3 months, earned $14,000. How do I file since the retired husband was in AZ? PY resident? They file MFJ.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Doesn't sound like she established residence there.  Full-year Arizona return reports all income, including Hawaii.  Nonresident return for Hawaii.  Claim credit on Arizona return (Form 309) for tax paid to Hawaii.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 11

Doesn't sound like she established residence there.  Full-year Arizona return reports all income, including Hawaii.  Nonresident return for Hawaii.  Claim credit on Arizona return (Form 309) for tax paid to Hawaii.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I dont use Basic, but in Professional, down at the bottom of the Fed Info worksheet is a Non resident state allocation table and worksheet, you enter the resident state and the non resident state and there is worksheet to make any allocations....does Basic have something similar?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers