Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file for multiple states

Young-TP
Level 3

I have married clients whose residence is AZ, the wife went to HI in October to help a sick relative and worked there for 3 months, earned $14,000. How do I file since the retired husband was in AZ? PY resident? They file MFJ.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

Doesn't sound like she established residence there.  Full-year Arizona return reports all income, including Hawaii.  Nonresident return for Hawaii.  Claim credit on Arizona return (Form 309) for tax paid to Hawaii.  

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

Doesn't sound like she established residence there.  Full-year Arizona return reports all income, including Hawaii.  Nonresident return for Hawaii.  Claim credit on Arizona return (Form 309) for tax paid to Hawaii.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont use Basic, but in Professional, down at the bottom of the Fed Info worksheet is a Non resident state allocation table and worksheet, you enter the resident state and the non resident state and there is worksheet to make any allocations....does Basic have something similar?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers