Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable duplex printing in proseries 2020?

EricFiorCPA
Level 1

Proseries 2020 is printing out returns on both sides of the paper.  Per the help menu in proseries, it suggests that this is a printer issue and I should disable duplex printing on my printer settings.  I sometimes print duplex documents, so I'd prefer not to disable it for all documents and this issue just started with 2020.  Returns from other years of Proseries are printing out one sided.  Is there an option to disable duplex printing in the 2020 software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No setting in PS itself, it uses your Windows printer settings.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
EricFiorCPA
Level 1

If that's the case, then why are documents from PS 2020 printing in duplex and documents from PS 2019 are printing one sided even though my printer settings are the same?  That's the part I can't figure out.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2020 did it to me at first also, I cant explain the why, sorry.   I had to go into my windows printer settings and tell it to print one sided only.

0 Cheers
EricFiorCPA
Level 1

So if I want to print a one-sided document from PS 2020, I have to change my printer settings every time?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No, I changed my printer settings once and thats all.

Now if youre printing from a different program and want to print duplex, you may have to change it for that program.

0 Cheers