Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO ATTACH FORM 4686 TO NJ TAX RETURN

TOMS RIVER JACK
Level 1

I NEED TO ATTACH A PDF COPY OF THE CLIENTS FEDRAL EXTENSION FORM 4686 TO THE NJ TAX RETURN.  HOW CAN I  DO THIS TO FILE THE RETURN ELECTRONICALLY ""
THANK YOU

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
itonewbie
Level 15

I presume most don't send in paper F.4868 anymore.  If your client applied for the federal extension online by making an electronic payment, NJ does not require or expect a paper copy of the F.4868 that was never filed to be attached.  Instead, you will still check the box for federal extension having been filed and enter the "On-line federal extension confirmation number", which will be remitted to NJ with the return.  I am, however, not sure where in ProSeries, you would enter that number.  FWIW, there is an input for that number in Lacerte/PTO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

In ProSeries Pro you just check a box in part 7 on the info worksheet to file state and city extensions electronically

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Print 4868 to pdf. Open NJ  and use menu or go to EF Home base and use menu to Attach PDF.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Accountant-Man
Level 12

PS has an error that must be cleared to attach PDF of 4868 for NJ. You cannot efile without it.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers