Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO APPLY EFIN # SINCE NOT AVAILABLE ON IRS WEBSITE

Hi to All Dear Community,

I am very new CRTP, and need your help to learn fast , because have lot of experience . 

I just bought ProSeires Professional and need to learn everyday to prepare the tax returns.

Please help me to apply EFIN#,on the IRS website not available because of COVID ISSUES. 

First i need to register e-service , is there any other way to register except irs website?

Thanks in Advance

Basra

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

IRS gives out EFINs. No other way to get one than from the IRS.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

IRS gives out EFINs. No other way to get one than from the IRS.

Ex-AllStar

Thanks Dear to make it clear, So it means i have to wait till IRS website back to normal to apply e-service first to apply EFIN?

Thanks

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You apply for EFIN via e-services and don't need to wait for the IRS to fully resume operation although you will ultimately need to get fingerprints clearance.  You should start by submitting your application online now but be ready that it may take months to complete the entire process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Hi Dear , 

Thanks for your reply, but when i click on the IRS link e-service, nothing happen, please write me the instruction how can i start application . I know i have to get fingerprint card to submit too. 

Thanks

basra

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

The instructions are posted on the IRS' website.  A quick search on the Internet would also yield plenty of results.

Not sure which URL you used for e-services but the official webpage for e-services is working and there is a link to the IRS article about applying to become an ERO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Thank you very much for the info, and yes, now i was able to submit my EFIN application , and got the Tracking #, and my next step is to mail my Fingerprint Card to Andover, MA 01812 and pass the suitability test.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

BASRA TAX SERVICE

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @BASRA TAX SERVICE!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers