Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long is it taking for irs to deduct estimated payment for 4/15/21 from bank

LH23
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
some people are seeing withdrawals take a week or two to get pulls.

Call the EFT phone number on the 8879 to verify that it is in fact scheduled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MargaretJ
Level 2

I am waiting for an alert from Proseries. No electronic estimates went through. This happened last year too. We had to mail them. U.S. mail is a bad option.  Proseries has been extremely unresponsive & unprofessional about it. I reported it on Thursday night to Proseries. This is messed up. I also have clients telling me that their balance due didn't go through either. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its not just ProSeries so I wouldnt expect any alert from them.

MargaretJ
Level 2

They should still send an alert. I paid hundreds of thousands of dollars electronically to the IRS on behalf of my clients last week & have many concerned clients calling me. If it is an overall issue with the IRS, it should be communicated & not ignored as if it is nothing. That was the response from Proseries on 2 phone calls. A simple alert that they are looking into it would suffice for the time being.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe you can ask the IRS to send an alert.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It has nothing to do with ProSeries or Intuit, its not their place to issue any unofficial IRS alert....youre right though, IRS should issue some kind of alert so that tax professionals, didn't have to dig around in community message boards an communicate with other professionals about what might be happening.

PATAX
Level 15

I have had clients mailing in their estimates and their 1040-v payment vouchers for years with no problems with the US Post Office or mail service... Just my opinion...

MargaretJ
Level 2

Finally we have received an alert 6 days later. Proseries messed up & are asking us to now reschedule 4/15/21 estimates & cancel 6/15/21 estimates. Apologizing for the inconvenience is not good enough. Will Proseries cover interest & penalties for messing up for the 2nd year in a row? We can't charge our clients for this extra time let alone expect them to pay interest & penalty. Proseries response is beyond disappointing. The penalties will have to come from my pocket. I hope Proseries reaches out to me. They owe me an apology for their disrespectful treatment when I called to report this serious issue the evening of 4/15/21. The IRS ENCOURAGES electronic payments but Proseries is making it very difficult to implement.

terrycpa
Level 3

From the IRS today:

Attention:  Return Transmitters and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

We identified a delay in processing Form 1040 balance due, Form 1040-X amended, and Form 1040-ES estimated tax payment requests submitted via Modernized e-File. The issue has been resolved, and pending payments are being processed. The taxpayer's account will be credited with the original requested payment date(s). Taxpayers should not re-submit these payments.

If a taxpayer re-submitted  any of these payment requests due to the delay in processing they may cancel them by calling 1-888-353-4537. Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

@Intuit @ProSeries, please update your alert to this (which we cannot respond to).  The IRS says do NOT re-submit.  You are asking us to re-submit.  Who messed up the payment data here?  Intuit or the IRS?

qbteachmt
Level 15

"@Intuit @ProSeries, please update your alert to this (which we cannot respond to)."

You want:

@IntuitAustin 

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
MargaretJ
Level 2

Thank you for the IRS update. It is critical for Intuit to work together with the IRS to fix this. I had not rescheduled or canceled payments but I imagine some preparers have done so. I wonder how long it will take Intuit to acknowledge the latest regarding the payments. How can I find this IRS information & be updated? I went on the IRS website & didn't see anything about the electronic payment issue.

MargaretJ
Level 2

U. S. mail worked fine my entire lifetime until the last year. Now clients mail me stuff using tracking, takes 8 weeks; mailing stuff to IRS with tracking, just says "delayed" for months. Completely unreliable.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Are they mailing you stuff from Lichtenstein?  I use priority mail fairly regularly and it never takes longer than a few days before I get the notice that it was delivered.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Some clients have large payments that aren't safe in the US mail.  Especially these days when the mail is unreliable and IRS is understaffed.  Direct debit should be faster and safer.

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

It is possible you were affected by an issue with ProSeries that caused 2021 Q1 Estimated payments not to be withdrawn. Please see this post for details and instructions on checking to see if your client was impacted. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/1040-es-payments-not-b...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers