Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Re-Sync Database in ProSeries 2020

AccountingOne
Level 1

ProSeries decided to remove the Re-Sync Database feature for the year 2020 program, how do you do the Re-Sync manually?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Do you mean you want HOMEBASE to look for any new files or deleted files?

If so, there is no manual version of that.  It is completely automatic now.  If you are having a problem with such a thing, can you describe in detail about what you think is wrong, and perhaps what lead up to it (such as you manually transferring a file in Windows or something like that)?  

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

For the new TY20 program, you could use the Database Maintenance for re-syncimage.png

0 Cheers
Julia_K
Level 1

It is incorrectly named! It should now be "HomeBase Maintenance". It will automatically re-sync your files for you if you have cache files for them

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont remember ever seeing a "resync"  option, just Database Maintenance.

People using outside networks to store client files are struggling with the new format though.  You can no longer pick and choose which files to update in your Homebase.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I am not happy with it.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thanks to community feedback we're adding the control of choosing what to do, and the feedback of detailing what was done.    This was there in TY19 and earlier, but didn't make it in time for initial releases in TY20 after the driving database technology was swapped out. 

If you have additional requests, let us know.

AccountingOne
Level 1

When I do an INVITE on a workstation the progress does not reflect in the other computers.

It should change to VIEW in the HomeBase Views of the other computers.

I have 12 computers working on invites but this is causing a conflict since one agent does not know which client has been invited on the other workstations.

last year it worked smoothly, I feel is because we do not have the Re-Sync data Feature this year.

please advise of patch ASAP

Totally frustrated, expend over 5 hrs trying to resolve the issue and the Technitians at ProSeries have no idea as to what is going on.

0 Cheers
AccountingOne
Level 1

When I do an INVITE on a workstation the progress does not reflect in the other computers.

It should change to VIEW in the Homebase Views of the other computers.

I have 12 computers working on invites but this is causing a conflict since one agent does not know which client has been invited on the other workstations.

last year it worked smoothly, I feel is because we do not have the Re-Sync data Feature this year.

please advise of patch ASAP

Totally frustrated, expend over 5 hrs. trying to resolve the issue and the Technicians at Pro-Series have no idea as to what is going on.

0 Cheers
AccountingOne
Level 1

Does not work for the issue that I'm experiencing

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Confirming this is an issue, and we'll aim to get a fix out as soon as we are allowed. (approximately Feb 4th.. due to the initial surge of activity in late Jan / early Feb everything is supposed to be locked down)

In the meantime, we believe you can workaround this as follows:

Open & close the return after invite.. make sure to save the return to force an update on cache file.

0 Cheers