Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you download missing tax form modules in 2017?

davidhettler
Level 2

We downloaded the 2017 tax product on our new computers. We are missing the Form 1065 and 1120s modules. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When in home base view, click on update, then click on download and select new products, a window will popup, and you choose which ones you need.

0 Cheers
davidhettler
Level 2
I tried that as well as downloading the software again. Neither Form 1065 and 1120S will not download. Both forms are selected to download on the installed products.
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
Sorry its not working for you I opened 2017 ProSeries Pro, and checked a module I didn't have and it worked fine for me, Try uninstalling and reinstall
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
all the other types install fine though?  the 1041, 1120S, 990 etc?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
davidhettler
Level 2
Yes all over other forms remained. Even after reinstalling 2017, they still won't show up
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@davidhettler   Im curious, if you try to uninstall ProSeries (using Windows....Settings > Apps > ProSeries 2017 Uninstall) do the 1065 and 1120S show up in the list of ProSeries components available to uninstall?

0 Cheers
davidhettler
Level 2
They actually don't show up in this menu.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So they are not getting installed at all, very weird.  The dreaded call to support may be in order   :frowning::frowning:

0 Cheers
KissimmeeFLCPA
Level 2

Just wondering if there was any resolution on this and if you tried calling support.  I am having the exact same issue on a new system install.  Pro Series 2017 will not install the 1065, 1120S or 990 modules.  They don't show up in the forms folder and are not in the list of forms to 'uninstall' either.

I called support and they walked me through trying to reinstall the program thinking it was my antivirus (we use Trend Micro).  So far, no resolution.

Oddly, in the old system being decommissioned, I tried running an update after trying to e-file a 1065 and it crashed completely.  The updater on both old and new system don't seem to like these modules.

Am trying a few other fixes and will update if solution found.

tomdcpa
Level 2

I have been fighting with the same issue all day.   After doing a clean reinstall that did not work I just tried reinstalling on top of the clean reinstall but when the list of products to install came up I unchecked 1065, 1120S and 990.    They have shown up in the list of available forms on homebase.   I am now restoring my data to see if they are really there.

0 Cheers
taxshack
Level 5

I am having this same issue today.  I can't find a solution anywhere in the community here or in the Facebook group.  I'm going to call support tomorrow. 

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.
0 Cheers
tomdcpa
Level 2

Do a clean reinstall of 2017.   Then, before anything else, install 2017 again, regular install right on top pf the one you just did.   When it shows the list of installed products uncheck the missing modules in the small box on the left and complete the install.   Then from homebase select Update/Select and Download New Products and check the missing modules.   They showed up when the download was installed.   Final step, restore your data from the folder you marked old in the clean reinstall.