Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you attach an attachment to a return you're going to e-file?

Patriotman769
Level 1

I'm unable to find a dropdown or tab in the Pro Series home base page that will allow me to attach, for example, a copy of a 7004, to a state partnership return that is going to be e-filed. How is the attachment accomplished?  Also, a copy of the federal 1065 is supposed to be attached to the state return.  If I print the state return, a copy of the relevant federal forms automatically print with the state return because I have checked the box on the print menu to do so.   So, do copies of the same fed forms automatically attach to the state return during e-filing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
RollTide68
Level 8

If it is part of the e-file requirement (e.g. send a copy of the federal with state) then it will e-file that way, normally.  

There are a few forms that cannot be e-filed and must be manually attached to the e-file return.  To attach a PDF of the form you want to go with the e-file return click the E-File menu button from inside the return you want to attach it to then click the Attach PDF.  From there you can choose what file you wish to attache.

jo1
Level 4

Go into the client file, not at the home base.  Click on E-File from the top tool bar.  you'll see a choice "upload pdf for efile" and you can attach it there.