Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on my computer?

PATAX
Level 15

Since there appears to have been a proliferation of highly intelligent questions on this forum that would qualify one for Mensa membership, I figured I would ask one too.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is your computer plugged in?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is your computer plugged in?

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Who needs a computer? If it's not on my phone I don't need it.

But you are correct. People are too lazy to learn the software, research a tax question, and looking at the ignorant questions asked I'm scared that these people are actually preparing tax returns. 

I did have a client ask if my tax returns were virus free.  Yes, I spray Lysol on the paper every day.

BobKamman
Level 15

The problem I had was how to turn it off.  Then someone told me to find the "Start" button.  See, you jus have to think like Bill Gates.  

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Well, to be truthful, and I may be a bit old fashioned, but in this age where anyone’s personal preferences and identifications are perfectly acceptable and normal, I had not considered there may be those who are looking for more than a working relationship with their computer and really want to turn it on....

I suppose you should keep your workstation in a cool, well ventilated area. Compressed air a few times a year will keep it clean and happy. If you get frustrated with its lack of performance, be patient. Close all those open windows and update it regularly so it can focus on pleasing you. 

Most importantly, remember to be faithful and practice safe browsing. Use appropriate cyber safeguards.

AI is on the way.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Back in the 90's I hosted an AOL chatroom for people that needed AOL and computer help...I was surprised at how many people didnt ever power off their system because they were afraid theyd lose everything theyd saved.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

You just have to wonder how some folks make it to work and back each day.  I don't know if they leave bread crumbs to follow or use a really long string.  Not everybody can be the brightest in their class, but this place seems to attract those on the other end of the spectrum.  

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Hey, remember when computers came with cup holders? You would push that little button, the little tray would slide out, and you could put your drink right in that little opening.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

The elevator does not go to the top floor

qbteachmt
Level 15

"The elevator does not go to the top floor"

We have an elevator?

Oh, wait...We have a top floor?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.