Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer prior year depreciable assets from K-1 income to schedule c

pacoford
Level 4

My client is an excavator. He sole income has been reported through a K-1. He purchased the business and continues to use the assets. Do I use prior depreciation from K-1 supplemental expenses and carryover to Schedule C?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Please provide more detail.    Income through K-1 indicates he's either a member of an LLC or shareholder of S-Corp.   Why would there be a Schedule C?   Prior depreciation is depreciation deducted prior tax years why would you use that on current tax return.

0 Cheers
pacoford
Level 4

Yes, he is a member of an LLC. Then he bought the business. He operates as a sole proprietor henceforth.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did he buy the assets, take on the liabilities? Or, did he buy out the Partners, so that the LLC now has only the one partner left?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
pacoford
Level 4

He actually owned the assets personally and use them for the partnership business. Basically he just bought the name...they dissolved the partnership

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You do realize this makes no sense: "He actually owned the assets personally and use them for the partnership business."

Because you stated the business was taking depreciation as the "owner." You cannot both Own them personally and the business owned them previously, at the same time.

"Basically he just bought the name...they dissolved the partnership"

You don't seem to know exactly what happened.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.