Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop depreciation in 2017 on a rental to personal conversion that took place in 2016? I'm using ProSeries Basic. It will not take "0" for #days rented.

Firehead
Level 2

I am using ProSeries Basic. Taxpayer converted condo from personal use to rental in 2014. In 2016 renter moved out midyear. For 2017 how do I get the depreciation to stop? The Schedule E worksheet won't accept "0" as number of days rented. When I use 1/1/17 as disposal date I still get depreciation showing. I don't want to delete the schedule E as that may cause issues. Condo is on market to sell in 2019.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Delete the Asset Entry Worksheet.

Why don't you want to delete the Schedule E?  Page 1 of Schedule is for a rental, and if the taxpayer doesn't have a rental, why do you want to file it?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Delete the Asset Entry Worksheet.

Why don't you want to delete the Schedule E?  Page 1 of Schedule is for a rental, and if the taxpayer doesn't have a rental, why do you want to file it?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But print the worksheet before you delete it.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

" In 2016 renter moved out midyear. "

And you didnt stop deprecaiton back then or were they still trying to rent it out?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Firehead
Level 2
Taxpayer lived in condo all of 2017 and it sold in 2019.
0 Cheers