Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show taxes withheld for IL Resident with IN Unemployment taxes withheld?

dturner959
Level 2

How do I correctly show taxes withheld on my state returns for a full-year IL resident that had IN taxes withheld for IN unemployment? 

1. My Client is a full-year IL resident, but she received IN Unemployment.
  2. She works in IN.
  3. She had IN State and Local taxes withheld along with Federal taxes.
  4. In Pro-Series the IN NR form shows $0 for unemployment because she was a non-resident for the full year.
  5. On the IL CR form, it does not show any of the IN state and local taxes withheld.
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Make sure you’re entering IN on the federal 1099g worksheet. It should transfer the UE income and taxes to the IN NR return. 

if it still doesn’t work, you may have to call tech support

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
dturner959
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion. I had that information on the Federal Worksheet, but mainly what I was concerned about is that the IN Income was showing up as $0 on the IN worksheet. However, because she is a non-resident that appears to be the correct treatment.

And the IN state and local taxes withheld are showing up correctly on the Schedule F: Credits, so I think I am good.

Again, thank you for your response, it is appreciated!

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@dturner959    you are correct that Indiana does not tax the unemployment of Illinois resident.  Taxpayer does report Indiana unemployment to Indiana if taxpayer is a non-resident.  The unemployment is taxable on taxpayer state of residence return.

0 Cheers