Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show all the transactions on the Form 8949 in Proseries?

NL66
Level 1
I understand that Proseries automatically bypasses the Form 8949 when there are more than 100 transactions.  I don't wish to bypass it.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It does not.  It only bypasses the 8949 if you enter the figures in the 8949 bypass boxes at the top of the 1099B worksheet.

Anything you enter in the 1099B entry table below the bypass boxes will appear on the 8949s.

Ohh, maybe if you import from a brokerage, all the covered sales end up bypassing the 8949...if thats the case, you wont see them on the 8949 because they're not entered there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
NL66
Level 1

Indeed I did import from the financial institution. When it transfers to the state return as summarized totals, the state wants every transaction listed. The suggestion from the Proseries state return is to go back to the federal return and list all the transactions on the Form 8949.

0 Cheers
Unclesam
Level 1

The only way I've found to NOT BYPASS FORM 8949 is to put a letter "O" (other adjustment) with an amount of 0 (zero). on the 1099 worksheet for each transaction. This forces to program to post it to FORM 8949. It takes a little time, not too bad, but it works.

I informed Intuit last year when this occurred, but they never found a fix to force the total posting to FORM 8949...just saying... 

0 Cheers