Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter information from the Final K-1, Sales Schedule and K-3 in ProSeries Basic?

Love2Cruise
Level 4

Client has quite a few 1099B's, as he does every year. He received a Final K-1 and K-3 for a discontinued Partnership due to a merger. I've followed the instructions of entering the Disposition of Partnership Interest in the Additional Information Worksheet by entering a sales price of zero for the sales and basis amount. I then entered the sale as reported on the 1099B.

Now to the Sales Schedule...There is Ordinary Gain reported on the sales schedule which should be reported on the 4797, line 10. However, the information from the Sales of Business Property Worksheet, flows to Part ll, line 10 of the 4797. Is this correct? Do I also enter the Ordinary Gain on Part ll, Line 9? I feel like I'm duplicating some of the entries.

The Sales Schedule is reporting a negative Cumulative Adjustment to Basis, Ordinary Gain, AMT Adjustment (which I've entered on 6251) and Section 163(j) adjustment for form 8990 (this amount is the same as the Ordinary Gain). It also instructs me to include a IRC Section 751 statement with the return. I've been at this many years, but each year I usually run into a first. And when I come upon a first, I put my thinking cap on, do my research and figure it out. But this one has my mind boggled. I know the Sales Schedule has the accurate numbers, which requires the Cost Basis Adjustment. But the other entries mentioned above, are a bit confusing. Any direction would be so GREATLY appreciated. 

The K-3 reports only US Source Income. There is no Foreign Source Income or Foreign Taxes Paid. Do I still need to enter all the information provided in the packet?

0 Cheers