Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convince by 2017 ProSeries that I have 2018 FastPath already? I need to e-file a 2017 return.

merryissi
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You just need to relicense 2017.

Tools > License Products

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You just need to relicense 2017.

Tools > License Products

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
cosmokimmy
Level 2

Hi.  I loooked up this topic and found 2 answers that were basically the same.  I tried both and today is a holiday.  Any other ideas other than updating 17 and 19 rebooting computer and relicensing?  It shows I have the fast path but isnt letting me efile 17 still.  FRUSTRATING. Any new suggestions would be helpful. TIA

IRonMaN
Level 15

Individual returns for any year can't be e-filed until 1/27.

Slava Ukraini!
norcotaxgirls
Level 1

DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT BECAUSE I'M ON A 50 HOLD AN THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I NEED TO FILE THE 2018

0 Cheers
cosmokimmy
Level 2

So i was on the line with tech for literally 2 hours as they kept doing the same thing over and over (update products installed/ license products).  My issue was solved when they re licensed me from their side after I changed my pro basic returns to pro  because I was not networked in TY 16 and 17 but was networked in TY18 and 19.  My fast path didn't carry over between the 2 different programs...go figure.

But be aware: Intuit isn't taking or accepting ANY 2018 IRS efiles until further notice.  So you might as well print it out and do it the old fashion way.  I had my client docu-sign.   Then I printed it and signed myself in ink as preparer.  I hope it flys. 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful