Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the print options for the Federal Information Worksheet?

caroljo
Level 5

I only want the 1st page of the Federal Information Worksheet to print.  How do I change that?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

In print preview you can select 1,2, or 3 pages of the federal information sheet to print.

I'm using proseries basic.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Id like that as well, its not an option anywhere that Ive found.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

In print preview you can select 1,2, or 3 pages of the federal information sheet to print.

I'm using proseries basic.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I hadn't considered that, thanks for the idea!

caroljo
Level 5

Lisa..have you figured out how make that option universal instead of having to  do it for each one separately?

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

Have you been able to do that universally instead of having to do each one separately?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No.

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

In a perfect world, you can go to a template and not check the "print" button to the bottom left of each info worksheet.  In a perfect world, every return will have this option.  This year, you cannot even achieve one page printing by manually insuring the "print" buttons are not checked on each return.  I choose not to use the name of a software company who has worked long and hard to insure their program has the numerous problems, flaws, shortcomings, errors, omissions, and outright poor content this year's ProSeries contains.  This could possibly be in the running for their worst year yet.  I have been using the program for over twenty years.  This year is just short of receiving my vote.

I hate to tell you this, but I find no where in the program short of jumping through hoops with Print Preview that this issue can be eliminated.

frank1
Level 3

Furthermore, when printing to DMS, the changes you make via print preview are ignored.  Print preview changes (de-selecting pages) only gets applied to hard copy print jobs.

0 Cheers
malloytax
Level 2

I just spent over an hour with Pro Tech support trying to figure out why I am getting 5-6 pages instead of just page 1, which has been the default, universal option in all previous years. I've been bothered by this all year, but decided to call Tech Support today. The Tech Reps could not identify a solution. Something is  backwards in the programming. Pro Series Help says check the blocks on pages 2 through 6 if you want them. Mine are unchecked; don't understand why PRO keeps printing 6 pages instead of just Page 1. Seems like it should be an easy fix.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

6 copies of every form?  Ohh, just the fed info worksheet?  Weird, when I print it, I only get 2 pages.

0 Cheers