Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add unemployment to a return so I can amend

Tanyataxgirl
Level 3

I have a client who filed on turbo tax herself before the unemployment exemption went into effect, She wants me to amend to add her daughter and change her filing status. When i put in the original return, it automatically exempts the unemployment . How can i make it original so I can then amend it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ugh, you'll probably have to make a manual adjustment to add it back to make the original look like how the original was filed, when once you activate the 1040x and start making changes, you'll have to remove your add back and the program will make the proper exclusion.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Tanyataxgirl
Level 3

So should I override the entry? 

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

also, unless you filed the original return, you will not be able to efile the 1040X I don't think....have to mail a paper return....and hope that it doesn't get put at the bottom of those millions of still unopened documents,,

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers