Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update my account information? I am an tax preparer providing services for expats in Republic of Korea.

jkb01076595747
Level 1

I am a US CPA preparing tax returns for expats in South Korea. Apparently I have licensed an US/Canada license because I cannot change the business address as you instructed. I have a business license registered with the Korean Authorities. I am in process of getting PTIN and e-filing right now and want to acquainted with the software before I am fully set up. May I have an instruction to update my license so that I can prepare taxes for expats in Korea? Please kindly send me the instructions on how to update or change license asap. 

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

"I cannot change the business address as you instructed"

For foreign addresses, you need to call Intuit Support to have them make the input on the back-end.

"I am in process of getting PTIN and e-filing right now"

I suppose you're either a US citizen or green card holder.  If not, you will not be eligible for an EFIN unless you are part of a business-related group and your "partner", who is an ERO, would sponsor your firm for one.

Even if you have an EFIN, Intuit still can't get you set up for e-filing because their system is not able to cater to EFIN associated with foreign address (well, at least for Lacerte and PTO).  They are in the process of fixing this (at long last - at least for Lacerte and PTO) and should have this up and running on time for the coming filing season.

"May I have an instruction to update my license so that I can prepare taxes for expats in Korea?"

You'd update this under Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info.

"want to acquainted with the software before I am fully set up"

Probably a good idea.  ProSeries is not programmed well for preparation of international returns - not that you can't do that but you need to be prepared to do a bit of offline manual calculation and it lacks certain forms related to international returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

"I cannot change the business address as you instructed"

For foreign addresses, you need to call Intuit Support to have them make the input on the back-end.

"I am in process of getting PTIN and e-filing right now"

I suppose you're either a US citizen or green card holder.  If not, you will not be eligible for an EFIN unless you are part of a business-related group and your "partner", who is an ERO, would sponsor your firm for one.

Even if you have an EFIN, Intuit still can't get you set up for e-filing because their system is not able to cater to EFIN associated with foreign address (well, at least for Lacerte and PTO).  They are in the process of fixing this (at long last - at least for Lacerte and PTO) and should have this up and running on time for the coming filing season.

"May I have an instruction to update my license so that I can prepare taxes for expats in Korea?"

You'd update this under Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info.

"want to acquainted with the software before I am fully set up"

Probably a good idea.  ProSeries is not programmed well for preparation of international returns - not that you can't do that but you need to be prepared to do a bit of offline manual calculation and it lacks certain forms related to international returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@itonewbie can probably be a good resource to help get you set up. He is in Hong Kong.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TAXMAN846
Level 1

I am currently using Proseries 2021 and I have a new business address.  I need to change the address on the returns.

0 Cheers