Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I report a gain on sale of vacation home

clorch44
Level 1

I have a client who sold a time share fo $16.5K.  Basis on this property is approximately $15K.  He did not receive a 1099 documenting the sale.  I cannot figure out how to enter this transactions in Pro Series Basic, can anyone guide me?  thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Schedule D - it’s not all that bad if you take a couple of minutes to play with it.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use Sch D, click the 1099B worksheet, scroll down past the brokerage info and you'll find an entry screen that you can input it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Lisa or Ironman, speaking of 1099-b worksheet when I was entering a multiple stock sale for the same exact security, I had to keep typing in the name each time it was sold, in the past it pre-populated itself and I didn't have to keep typing it in. Is this some type of software glitch or is there something I should or should not do? I know that I can summarize, but I would rather put the individual sales detail in because I think the state wants to see this.... thanks a lot I appreciate it

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I noticed that as well, I think they just didnt program it into it yet or something.
Although I had a bunch of misspelled ones and ones I would have liked to get rid of in prior years, maybe someday they'll give us the option to be able to customize those auto fill entries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Lisa.... I do not know why this was changed... As the old saying goes, if it is not broken do not fix it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The auto fill feature never worked for beans anyway.  When it did work, it remembered misspelled names better than correctly spelled names.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers