Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get the state of WV to accept credit for taxes paid to other states where there are more than 5 states? It only allows me credit for the first 5.

aosecretjr
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

The RECAP Form for WV is a single copy form for e-file. Pulling up the form on the WV web page there is only room for 5 states listed which matches what ProSeries allows. https://tax.wv.gov/Documents/TaxForms/2018/it140.pdf

To generate more than 5 Schedule E's and additional RECAP's summaries you would have to print them and paper file them with the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You prepared all the non resident state returns first?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
ProSeries or WV only accepts 5? If it's ProSeries, you may have to paper file WV.
0 Cheers
aosecretjr
Level 1
I did the non resident returns first. ProSeries only allows the first 5 states on WV's schedule.  There does not appear to be anyway to add to it in proseries
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@Charlene_At_Intuit  is this a program limitation or the state that limits 5 other state tax credits?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
aosecretjr
Level 1
I believe this is a program limitation.  WV allows a credit for taxes paid to other states, no matter how many.  
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

The RECAP Form for WV is a single copy form for e-file. Pulling up the form on the WV web page there is only room for 5 states listed which matches what ProSeries allows. https://tax.wv.gov/Documents/TaxForms/2018/it140.pdf

To generate more than 5 Schedule E's and additional RECAP's summaries you would have to print them and paper file them with the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers