Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Form 8938 information to flow to Form 114??

john5
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't believe you can.  There some some overlaps between these forms but one is focused on assets and the other accounts.

In terms of programming, I'm sure it is possible to link the two.  It could include an identifier to flow the basic entries from one form to another.  But if Intuit can't even get the basic particulars of the taxpayer, spouse, and dependents to flow to the various forms for credits, I wouldn't expect that with a complicated form like F.8938.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15
I think it works the other way - 114 info to 8938.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I'm not sure if they are even connected like that at all in ProSeries....I do all my 114s directly through the Fincen website, PS made me struggle..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12
Neither way works. It should, but it doesn't. You want expensive functionality, pay more money for software.
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't believe you can.  There some some overlaps between these forms but one is focused on assets and the other accounts.

In terms of programming, I'm sure it is possible to link the two.  It could include an identifier to flow the basic entries from one form to another.  But if Intuit can't even get the basic particulars of the taxpayer, spouse, and dependents to flow to the various forms for credits, I wouldn't expect that with a complicated form like F.8938.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers