Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enter two (2) LLCs on one return for California. Client is closing LLC she had with late husband. Client started second LLC for herself only.

rcp
Level 1

The client has two (2) LLCs as discussed above.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You can only have one 568 return per client (annoying, I agree!).  

What Ive seen some people do is make a copy of the file, and then on the copy, unmark the EF boxes for the 1040 and 540 and only mark the 568 for Efiling.   Then file the first return with the 1040, 540 and first LLC 568, then use that second copy of the file to only Efile the 568 for the second LLC (does that make sense?)

You'll have to uncheck the SMLLC box on the Sch C that isn't being Efiled on each return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You can only have one 568 return per client (annoying, I agree!).  

What Ive seen some people do is make a copy of the file, and then on the copy, unmark the EF boxes for the 1040 and 540 and only mark the 568 for Efiling.   Then file the first return with the 1040, 540 and first LLC 568, then use that second copy of the file to only Efile the 568 for the second LLC (does that make sense?)

You'll have to uncheck the SMLLC box on the Sch C that isn't being Efiled on each return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers