Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I avoid to the least disclose the owner's data such as SSN, CAF, etc on part: tool/firm/prepare with Professional Proseries?

I am using software professional proseries stand alone, with 3 users and 3 PCs. When I set up and install software,  I input 3 users identity  in each part tool/firm/prepare of  PC and assign each tax prepare a PC.
Even I check back ground my tax prepares. But I am not confident when the user makes any mistake in public . There is owners' identity such as SSN, EFIN, FEIN, CAF, PTIN phone , fax , email etc... Any advise and any way to the least disclose owner/tax prepare's identity in all PC  and not interrupt service when prepare income tax
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If they are all stand alone systems, why have all the tax preparers on each machine? Assign each preparer a number and only have their preparer info on that computer theyre using.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Why are  you still struggling with your very first question on this forum? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/what-simple-devices-i-n...

You should have a network license and enlist some professional help for the network. 

https://www.instructables.com/Peer-to-Peer-Network-Sharing/ if you really want to do it DYI

I believe your current set up is a real disaster in the making. "I am not confident when the user makes any mistake in public " says it all  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Perfect . Thank you

I filled out all information in each PC and thought no need to disclose my identity to my tax prepare and no need to disclose this tax prepare to others . I am worried to delete and interrupt my service . Thank you for your help. BIG HELP

0 Cheers

Because we are still on PC stand alone and not using networking sharing yet. 

Reason is COST 

We are step by step to move forward. 

Thank you for your help

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Penny-wise, pound-foolish.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

Thank you abctax55 for your advice

>Actually the issue is not from cost

>When we started to set up, we have new customer on board  support who guides us to do that .

At that point we dont have private networking setting (regarding previous comment from George). Time by, I see this issue and want to contact with Proseries support how to fix this. I thought this was the way how proseries is set up 

>Lately we have offered from CLOUD that is partner with proseries . Per my understanding Cloud networking share is additional feature after my set up (not thing change from my set up in PC) .

We have not enrolled CLOUD yet for some reasons: cost and new features that my team is still too young with Proseries and we have to learn and adjust with the new features

Again, thank you

0 Cheers