Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House flip profit to Schedule C for dealer

jpmh
Level 3

I have a client who flipped two houses in 2018. This is his business, so the profits are subject to SE tax.  He is a sole proprietor.

I entered the detail on a disposition worksheet tied to his Schedule C. The details flow to Form 4794 Part II as expected.

Form there, the result flows to Schedule 1 line 14. I can't find a way to get them to flow to Schedule C instead.

I can override 4797 line 18 and manually enter the detail on Schedule C, but then I doubt I will pass the e-file blocker stuff.

Am I missing a checkbox or other command somewhere to get this to flow to Schedule C instead of Schedule 1?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The houses are inventory, not assets.

So you don't enter the sale on a 'disposition worksheet' (and therefore not on Form 4797), you enter it as ordinary income on Line 1 of Schedule C.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The houses are inventory, not assets.

So you don't enter the sale on a 'disposition worksheet' (and therefore not on Form 4797), you enter it as ordinary income on Line 1 of Schedule C.

jpmh
Level 3
That makes sense.  Thanks
0 Cheers