Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebase

josecnuc
Level 1

Suddenly receiving a message that my homebase is out of sync and now I find one of my client's file has disappeared.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
PATAX
Level 15

@josecnuc look at the bottom of the home base and it may have been put there... Check the whole home base... Just my opinion

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did you choose to have it fix it? it should show you the file name of whats been fixed afterwards

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

I experienced this today also for the first time.  It was after I did the update.   

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh I received the message too... But I did not proceed to do anything... What did you do?

dkh
Level 15

@PATAX  I selected Yes to run HomeBase Maintenance but it came up with nothing wrong.  

When I logged in today, got same message this time I selected No.      I've verified I have same number of data files as shown in HomeBase.        Don't like it - don't need to stress over whether I've lost a file.

Guess it's this updates "break what didn't need fixed"  hahahaha

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh 👍 I agree with you... It doesn't look like I lost any files either... Just my opinion

TAXOH
Level 11

It happened to me also, after I updated.

dkh
Level 15

Did you chose to let it do the maintenance?  And if yes, did you have any discrepancies?

TAXOH
Level 11

Yes and there were no discrepancies.  

TiredFarmer
Level 7

I sure appreciate the answers you all put on here...felt I should have retired when the switch was to computers after this year know I should have.  Thanks again to the "regulars"!

dkh
Level 15

Amen to that @TiredFarmer .    This year has helped me make the decision to change the focus of my business.   

PATAX
Level 15

@TiredFarmer 👍👍 a lot of great things were said  about efiling when it was practically forced upon tax preparers and it was supposed to be the greatest thing ever.... a lot of time is consumed trying to get the software to be compatible with the E filing.... just my opinion...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like Intuit “fixed” something recently.  Between Intuit updates and Microsoft updates, the old heart has received a good workout this year.  Some days paper, a pencil, and a big eraser doesn’t sound so awful.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN you hit the nail on the head Iron Man... Every time a Microsoft update is downloaded I keep my fingers crossed and I Cross myself ... Oh by the way, many many moons ago they forced John D Rockefeller to break up his company under Anti-Monopoly rules... Just wondering and just my opinion...