Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HomeBase font size

jbrewercpa
Level 2

I somehow changed the font size in HomeBase.  It is really, really small.  How do I change it back?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
Ernie
Level 9

Hold down the control button while you scroll.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hold CTRL and roll the mouse wheel

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
tomvsmith
Level 2

Tried that...does not work...now the font size is so big I cannot see any files

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
roll the wheel in the other direction?

Ronnie_65
Level 2

Does not work.

0 Cheers
tomvsmith
Level 2

I have tried rolling the mouse ball in the up direction.  I still cannot see any files in the Homebase detail list - the screen is blank where the files should be.  a couple of days ago I tried to make the font on the homebase detail slightly larger....but....the screen kept getting bigger and bigger until the files were not visible.  I called tech support about this and was told this is a windows process not supported by Proseries tech support.  Granted I can use the list to see the files but when we start doing extensions this is a real problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have tried the control up mouse ball for as long as twenty five minutes to try to bring the information back but to no avail.  HELP!!!!!

Rolling the wheel the other way does nothing also

0 Cheers
JM-Alderman
Level 2

I just did something wrong and now have the same problem.   Did anyone figure out how to resize the homebase back to where it was?   It just started getting bigger and bigger and now it's like font size 90 and I can't see anything.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
holding the CTRL key and scrolling the mouse wheel slowly doesnt change the font size?

tomvsmith
Level 2

Nope...did not work...After  ANOTHER call to tech support I finally got someone who knew the fix, basically renaming the homebase file and reopening the program..  The homebase file then restored itself and all is good.  thanks for the response

tom

JM-Alderman
Level 2

thanks - that worked

LouAlfeld
Level 2

This happened to me when I was deleting unnecessary clients.  I organized the clients in download / transfer from last year, so those clients that did not return were readily identifiable.  So... I was using the control key and the scrolling wheel at the same time and it caused the Homebase font to get exceedingly small.

The solution is to hold down the Ctrl key and scroll up one or two bumps at a time on the scrolling wheel,  AND wait for the program to catch up internally.  The fonts will start to expand.  (There seems to be a 3 second delay.)

If you move too fast, because you are impatient, and you first use the Ctrl key and the scrolling wheel moving back and forth,  it screws up the system and you get really large fonts, then small fonts, then large fonts.    The key is to move slow.

Bob G
Level 3

Holding control - Roll the wheel up & down to increase or decrease the font size

0 Cheers

I am having the same problem though I DID NOT change the font size!  The smaller font size was automatically done during the install of the 2021 ProSeries software.  Looks like we will have to call Intuit technical support.

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

While holding the Control key down, roll the center wheel on the mouse slowly up & down to adjust font size.