Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home office deductions for 1065 Returns

parvitstax
Level 5

If one partner in a partnership return has a home office how would that be claimed/reported as a deduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does the Partnership Agreement require the Partner to pay for such an expense?

If so, click the green "Where Do I Enter?" button and type "Sup" and open the Supplemental Expenses Worksheet.

You can fill manually fill out a Form 8829 (or create a temporary Schedule C to have the program help you with it) to determine what the Home Office deduction is, then enter that as an expense on the Supplemental Expense worksheet.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
JRC
Level 8

Needs to be spelled out in the partnership agreement to deduct out of pocket expenses. But I'm not a lawyer and can't give out legal advice. So ignore what I said above.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does the Partnership Agreement require the Partner to pay for such an expense?

If so, click the green "Where Do I Enter?" button and type "Sup" and open the Supplemental Expenses Worksheet.

You can fill manually fill out a Form 8829 (or create a temporary Schedule C to have the program help you with it) to determine what the Home Office deduction is, then enter that as an expense on the Supplemental Expense worksheet.

parvitstax
Level 5

That's a great way to do it. Use schedule C to get the allowable value! Thanks.

0 Cheers