Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher Refund

IKH
Level 1

About 3 days ago I did an estimate on a file and none of the information changed, today I am submitting them and the refund went up almost $3000. Have you had any surprises like mine? I have been doing the updates and according the calculations it seems like it's correct I am just getting concern on the huge difference. 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent seen any surprises like that.  When I do an estimate I try to remember to print out of at least the Tax Summary (if not a draft of the 1040), so you have something to refer back to in case it looks totally different than you remember.

Theres also a new feature I saw (maybe its not new, I just never noticed it before?) its Auto Calculation, maybe you dont have that turned on, so it didnt auto calculate when you first did the return, and the calculation happened once you saved and exited the return only to be discovered once you opened it back up?  Ive got it turned on, so it calculates as I go.

autocalcualtion.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IKH
Level 1

Thank you so much for your advise I will look into this that makes sense!