Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, before I forget - Happy Thanksgiving!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving now that tax season is almost over (it formally ends when the new one starts ----- right?)  Anyway, don't eat too much and don't talk politics with the family and save a little so the family dog gets a bite or two.  Dogs like Thanksgiving too.  Anyway, to get you in the true spirit of Thanksgiving:

A man in Chicago calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says,"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams. We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Dallas and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this,"

She calls Chicago immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."

Slava Ukraini!
14 Comments 14
BobKamman
Level 15

He talks big, but when it comes to dinner all he offers is Tasmanian devils, not turkeys.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

You seem to forget who you are talking to.  Roadrunners are the meal of choice ------------------- as long as you can catch one.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

First we gobble.  Then we wobble.    

Happy Turkey to you  and everyone else who wanders into this post .

IRonMaN
Level 15

To cover all bases -

Gobble, gobble -------- meep, meep.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

You take me back to when I was 27 and attending an IRS Basic Management class in Fresno. To introduce ourselves, everyone was asked to draw a picture of an animal that represented them, then explain its meaning to the person in the next seat, who would then convey the interpretation to the class. I am not good at drawing, but roadrunners are easy – and I was from Arizona, and had done a lot before arriving at that point in my life. My partner in this exercise was a Revenue Officer, who drew a cute puppy. I’m not sure, but I think I told the story about the IRS job interview for RO’s. The manager puts a cute puppy on the desk – if you pet it, you’re out. If you snarl at it, you’re possible. If you pick it up and kick it out the window, you’re hired.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I contemplated being a professional artist instead of a CPA.  The only thing that stopped me from being an artist is the fact that I have absolutely no artistic skills.  Give me a couple of hours and I can draw a stick man ------- but of course once I was finished I would need to explain to the person looking at the drawing exactly what it was that I drew.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

the fact that I have absolutely no artistic skills.

My artistic skills are so bad that I had a 6-year-old kid mock my drawing.  Sigh.  😢

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe your skills aren't all that bad - he maybe just resents you for stealing his snowman 😜

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@dkh 

Just dry-brined my turkey, and am already into 'wobble' stage.  We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Happy T-day to all, and to all a good night.

(I think I'm mixing up my holiday toasts... oh well...)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN  - I'm guessing a roadrunner has to be a bit on the, um, hmm,,,, tough/string side ?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually I don’t know what they taste like.  You do have to catch one before you can eat one😲

Slava Ukraini!
mdtao31
Level 7

The same to you and yours Iman

regards, Larry

stay safe

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍🏻

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Hoping everyone stays warm and dry, or wet and wild, or whatever works for your day of Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.