Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, at least they are consistent

IRonMaN
Level 15

Ok, so I took the brand spanking new ProSeries out of the garage and took it for a test drive tonight --------- and it rides just like last year's model.  Printed a Minnesota Sub S return and the M8 looks a little like someone tried to print out a page of Morse code - just like last year.  Looks like I am back to printing to pdfs to get a MN return to look Minnesota-ish. 😲

Slava Ukraini!
6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Yay

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
abctax55
Level 15

You *almost* sound surprised 😙

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit went through a lot of hard work last year to break the print function and get it to print that gobbledygook.  You can't expect them to undo that and waste all of that hard work.

I am assuming the Individual returns will do that too (if I remember correctly, page 2 of the M1NC was the main culprit, but there were others too).

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, some of the individual forms were fudged up too.  It looks like another year of pdf printing.

And no, I’m not the least bit surprised.  But I will be surprised in the year that the software actually works as advertised on January 1.  I’m looking forward to that year - in the year 2525.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

But I will be surprised in the year that the software actually works as advertised on January 1.  I’m looking forward to that year - in the year 2525.

January 1st is quite possible.  Of course, that will be after they change things to a fiscal year, and tax season starts October 1st.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So you are saying we have a chance💩

Slava Ukraini!