Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with recovering database

anthowil
Level 2

I have done this in the past but doesn't seem to be working in ProSeries 2020.

I am trying to recover the Employer/Payer Database.  I have copied eindb.cdx abd eindb.dbf  however the information doesn't show up.  I was able to copy these same files on 2 other computer to address this issue in 2019; however it's not working in 2020.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fabian
Level 4

That won't work in ProSeries 2020 because the underlaying database technology has changed. You need to install ProSeries 2020 on the same machine where ProSeries 2019 is installed so that the contents of the database gets transferred properly. Once you do that, you can copy "eindb.db" to other machines.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Fabian
Level 4

That won't work in ProSeries 2020 because the underlaying database technology has changed. You need to install ProSeries 2020 on the same machine where ProSeries 2019 is installed so that the contents of the database gets transferred properly. Once you do that, you can copy "eindb.db" to other machines.

anthowil
Level 2

Thanks as that addressed the issue!

0 Cheers
Vida5953
Level 1

I have some how hidden my 2020 data base ,How do I recover it?

0 Cheers