Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I need to submit two 990 extensions, and ProSeries is not letting me.

Highlighted

I've entered some information, but I don't have everything yet (thus the need for an extension). I clicked the box that said "e-file extension," and then clicked to e-file, and it said it couldn't efile. It says, "We recommend you clear the errors."

That makes no sense. There's no way to clear the errors. That's why I need the extension!!!! If I had all the information, I wouldn't be asking for an extension, you dummies!!!

On one of them, I really have almost all the information. There are only a few items missing. There's no reason for it to refuse to send. On the second, I put in the name, address, EIN, phone number, everything you'd put on a paper 8868, but it says it needs more.

Any ideas? These are due FRIDAY, and as you may know, the entire board has to approve them before they can be filed, and that's just not going to happen in a week, folks.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
Did you fill out the 8868
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
I know on a 4868 (for a 1040) you have to click a box at the top to Freeze figures....does the 8868 have a box like that at the top?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
Once you open the 8868, there is a box to check to "activate the form"
0 Cheers