Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In pro series, where do your enter health insurance costs, included in w-2, of 100% owner of s-corp, in order to take deduction before agi

mchughriley-ltd
Level 2

also, where do you input owner's medicare costs, so that its reported on line 29, self employed health insurance deduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

On the K-1 worksheet, right above Line 1, there is a "Quickzoom" to enter health insurance.  That brings you to the very bottom "K1S Addl Info 1" worksheet, where you can enter it (just be sure to also enter the W-2 Medicare wages there).

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

On the K-1 worksheet, right above Line 1, there is a "Quickzoom" to enter health insurance.  That brings you to the very bottom "K1S Addl Info 1" worksheet, where you can enter it (just be sure to also enter the W-2 Medicare wages there).

0 Cheers
Kevin1
Level 2
I think your images are outdated.  "QuickZoom to enter Health Insurance Premiums" paid is no longer in this location
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
He posted it a year ago.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Owners medical *costs* are not insurance & aren't deductible above the line. (EDIT...just ignore me, 'kay - misread the post)

I don't use PS, so someone else will need to wander by with the "where to enter" answer.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Lynn
Level 2
Health insurance "medicare" cost, not "medical" cost...
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@TaxGuyBill @Just Lisa Now!  - did I misread the OP, or did it get changed?     
Maybe I need to visit the eye doctor 🙂
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I don't THINK it changed.  I had read it as "Medicare", but the doesn't necessarily mean that is what it actually said.   :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Thx...calling for an appointment now.  That, or I need to read for comprehension 🙂
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I read medical costs...that might not be what it said....LOL   I always expect medicare to be capitalized, my computer shows its a spelling error until I put the capital M at the front.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mchughriley-ltd
Level 2
TaxGuyBill got it correct, thank you!
0 Cheers