Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ProSeries Federal 1040 'Tax History Report' does Print the Preparation Fee row?

Tomy378
Level 1

The tax preparation fee didn't used to print on the Tax history report. Why it is printing now?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because in other years, people complained that it didn't print.  Intuit must have taken a poll and decided the majority wanted it so they added it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because in other years, people complained that it didn't print.  Intuit must have taken a poll and decided the majority wanted it so they added it.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hasn't it always included the prep fee line?  That's where I've always looked to see what I charged the prior year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I don't use the tax history report but I believe that was the report that people have complained about in the past because it didn't provide the fee.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
i HATE this upgrade
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
I think this upgrade was last year, I remember some grumbling about "now the client can see what I charged or increased".
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
It's always been on screen, it hasn't always printed.  Seems like every year (or perhaps every other year) the programming changes and suddenly it starts printing.  Then everyone complains, "I don't want my client to know how much more I'm charging them this year!" and eventually Intuit removes it from the printed form.  So at least we can consistently have the same bugs keep resurfacing (er, features?  unexpected behaviors?), that's comforting.

I'm still waiting to see if they'll ever fix the math on the 1095-A screen so that ProSeries can actually report the same totals that are on the form.  It got fixed one year but hasn't been right since.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahh, that makes sense, Ive only ever looked at it on the screen.  I don't print the tax history and give it to clients, so its never been an issue for me, I just take a peek before I invoice for the current year return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers