Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard from Intuit about what will happen to returns already efiled? Do they have to be amended to change the withdrawal date to July 15?

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎March 21, 2020 6:55 AM

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

If you scheduled a payment for April 15th, that will still happen unless you call and cancel it.

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

Unless they lost their job, they had the money when you prepared the return but they don't have the money now?  This is why I much prefer giving folks payment vouchers.  Why should things like this be my problem instead of theirs?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I give out more vouchers than anything  Generally, my only clients that schedule direct debits are my elderly clients that have tons of money in the bank and just want it paid as soon as possible so they dont have to worry about "getting in trouble" with IRS.  😄

Highlighted
Level 1

I had a client call the IRS number specified for canceling and rescheduling the April 15 direct debit and they told her she would have to cancel it through her bank.  So they did nothing for her.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

What number did she call?  The EFW number is automated, you dont speak with anyone.

IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537

I've called in the past for my clients and canceled for them.

Highlighted
Level 1

Interesting!  That is the number I gave her and she indicated that she talked to a person.

Thanks for the info.  I'll call myself next time before I tell a client to do it.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I remember it being automated, maybe its changed?    At any rate thats where were suppose to call, unless they told her they couldnt because she had it scheduled really soon (Im sure it requires a couple days) and it was too late for them to cancel it.