Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had trouble transferring to ProSeries a TurboTax file that was downloaded from TurboTax Online

bonnid
Level 1

I am attempting to transfer a TurboTax desktop file that was downloaded from TurboTax online.  I get the message "An unknown error occured while attempting to transfer (120) ".  

Does anyone have a solution for this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can't do it.  TT can convert to PS, but not the other way around.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bonnid
Level 1

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

You misread my question.  I am trying to transfer/import a 2020 TurboTax file into ProSeries.  The file is a desktop file that was downloaded from TurboTax Online.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im sorry, I misread.
So they downloaded the TT Online file and opened it in TT Desktop and saved it?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The file that was downloaded from TT Online wont work in ProSeries.

0 Cheers
bonnid
Level 1

That's correct.  For some reason ProSeries can't import/transfer the downloaded file from TT Online.

0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

Boo Hiss proseries.  Why this doesn't work is frustrating for tax professionals.  Get your act together and resolve this.  I have new clients that used TTO and they now need professional help and I have to redo their entire return because you wont let us import the file.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not frustrating for me - I have never done that.  Besides, look at the bright side - you can charge them more now that you have all that work to do.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Intuit provides directions for how to get a TT online datafile to the desktop, then converted by using TurboTax Desktop program. That should make the file that is then used for ProSeries. They also cover what to do if you have errors, and that the Tax Year matters.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If you can’t get it to work, Call tech support. Proseries has a conversion team that might be able to accommodate it.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers